Side Effects of Flu Vaccination
As summer ends, the 2012 Flu Season quickly approaches; with “Get Your Flu Shot” signs appearing everywhere, Millions of Americans will flock to their primary physician begging for that annual “stick in the arm.” While some get their Flu Shot to avoid debilitating symptoms, others shun the compulsory behavior.
Dr. Chris Perkins, of Better Way Health, remarks on the caveats of the Flu Shot while urging readers to avoid the Flu naturally. He explains, “First, you need to remember Flu Shots are big business for large chain pharmacies.” In addition, “Your local pharmacy undoubtedly offers storewide discounts provided you get your Flu Vaccine from them. This is big profit; they want you to get your shot, as well as shop at their store.” Playing off people’s eagerness to multitask, huge pharmaceutical chains can capitalize on our misconceptions.
Accordingly, Perkins advocates the potential side effects and adverse reactions some may encounter after “vaccination.” Many Flu Vaccines contain Thimerosal, a preservative invented back in the 1930s; this element is roughly half mercury, making it a prominent host for the highly toxic metal.
Due to safety concerns in 1999, vaccine manufacturers stopped using Thimerosal in vaccines intended for children. Today, this toxic formulation is solely reserved for Flu Vaccination.
Sadly, Chris Perkins explains Thimerosal is still the least of our worries, “The Flu Vaccine actually has an adverse reaction to your immune system; mercury is a neurotoxin that can lead to immune dysfunction. Injecting viral antibodies will trigger unneeded immune response, negatively altering proper t-cell function.”
Natural Alternatives to The Flu Shot
* Immune System Boosting Supplements: Local health stores may not have much of a selection when it comes to immune support, but there are some highly effective supplements out there.
Beta-1, 3D Glucan for example, is an unrivaled Immune System Booster on the market. Backed by scientific research, this dietary compliment stimulates immune response far beyond our innate limitations.
* Vitamin D: Why is the flu season in the winter? Turns out it has nothing to do with cold weather; rather, It stems from a lack of sunshine, resulting in Vitamin D deficiency.
If you keep your Vitamin D levels around 50-70 ng/ml, your chances of becoming ill will greatly decrease.
* Omega-3: These healthy fats have an innumerable amount of health benefits. Supplementing with plenty of Omega-3 can help keep your body maintain optimum health.
* Avoid Sugars: Consuming food high in fat and sugar will suppress the immune system cells responsible for attacking harmful bacteria. Even consuming just 75-100 grams of a sugary solution, about the same as two 12 oz sodas, reduces your white blood cells’ ability to overpower and destroy pathogens.
* Common Sense: Simple practices like proper hygiene, adequate exercise, and plenty of rest, can have profound effects on your overall health; this is especially true during Flu Season.
“I encourage everyone to make informed decisions for themselves and their families. In many cases, the Flu Shot makes sense and the potential benefits will outweigh the risks. However, if we all start thinking in more natural terms, we will soon realize that the body can innately fend off the flu, or any other harmful intruder.”
- Dr. Chris Perkins
To boost your immune system please visit: http://aboutbetaglucan.com/fluseason