2012 was a hard year filled with stolen backpacks, broken hearts, homelessness, phone repossessed and a lot of hard work just to survive all that life threw at me. At the 11th hour there was some redemption, but all in all I am glad that 2012 is over. If you are reading this I’m glad you survived too because it seems I am not the only one whose butt got kicked in 2012. Wouldn’t you agree with me?
Some friends did a fundraiser for me to get a replacement MAC laptop for the one that was stolen. While they were unable to raise enough funds to get me a MAC I am writing to you from my new pc laptop that I was able to purchase with many people’s generous donations. I made a promise to acknowledge those publically who made a more sizeable donation in my first article on St. Aug News. So thank you to the following heroes in my life: Chelle Moriarty, Heidi Kaup, Steven and Sabrina Garrett, Kicki Hill, Natela, Dennis Wagner, Dru Folger , Julia Cameron Damon, Danny Dupree, Rubiee Hayes, Lauri Olsen, James Galik, and the Band “Pandora Celtica” and their fans. Without them, I could not be writing and communicating with you now as I am. Thanks to these people I am able to reconnect with the world. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I think there is a lot of hope in a story like mine, that even though there are thieves who steal backpacks it gives opportunities for heroes and helpers to emerge and restore our faith in humanity itself. I know this is true for me.
Tom Ski, the man who bestowed me with this column informed me back in 2012 that my articles reached 10,000 hits per article, which is a miracle of sorts without massive advertising. So I am guessing that you like what I have to say… so the first thing of the year I would like to say is THANK YOU!!!
So far 2013 has been amazing. It has been a wonderful new beginning for me and for many other people from what I understand. I think one of the most valuable things to do during the new year is a list of the things I want to see happen in my life. I went back and looked at my list from last year. It was interesting to see what things did and didn’t happen. Most of us aren’t aware how prophetic we can be when we put our minds to it. Most people just worry, and then in a curmudgeon’s voice say “See!?! I told you so!” But what if, just what IF… you used that super power to make something GOOD happen? That is the kind of list I am talking about.
So here is my “Prophecy” List for 2013.
- To go to the World Bodypainting Festival in Austria July 3-8th
- To go to my first European Chalk Art Festival as a guest artist
- To make my first bodypainting calendar set to release 2014
- To go to Sturgis and bodypaint people to match their custom bikes
- To apply and get into the RedLine Gallery as a Resident artist
- Making my own website, and getting a web presence on line
- To find an agent who will connect me to amazing people who want to pay me for my creative brilliance
- To fall in love (13 is a lucky love number for me)
- To create awesome bodypainting in collaborative projects with other amazing artists of all types that becomes financially lucrative for all of us
- To get my bodypainting published in magazines all over the world
- To become financially solvent enough to be able to purchase my own MAC laptop without even having to think twice about it
- To have fun with all my friends doing all these amazing things all over the US and the world.
There are other “little” things, but these are the big ones. What is your wish list for the new year? These don’t have to be set in stone. They don’t even have to be goals. Sometimes the universe can also put even more amazing things on your list if you leave room for it. Leave the “how is THAT going to happen” big detail stuff up to the universe. Put it out there. Make little steps every day. For example, I am going to get my passport in preparation for going to Europe, even though I’m not sure yet how I am going to get there.
Feel free to share your lists, prophecies, wishes, or whatever you want to call them. Know that I will be cheering you on. Sometimes the most important thing is that someone believes in you. It was true for me, so I am paying it forward. Know that I believe in YOU!
p.s. Hi.. if you are an agent who wants to represent me please contact me via Facebook. If you want to be bodypainted by me, or use me for a project, same deal… contact me via Facebook.