From Pantry to Published:
…The 2-Day Legacy Cookbook Workshop
If you’ve ever imagined writing and designing your own cookbook, join celebrity cookbook authors, our resident food photographer and nationally recognized cookbook publisher for a two-day workshop that can help make your dream come true.
FROM PANTRY TO PUBLISHED …The 2-Day Legacy Cookbook Workshop takes place at the Casa Marina Hotel in Jacksonville Beach, Florida on March 13 and 14, 2012. While you are learning from experts about the ‘How To’ of getting started, enjoy the luxurious ambience of this historic oceanfront hotel and Chef Aaron Webb’s award-winning New Beach Cuisine.
Join these professionals as they lead you through the exciting world of developing a legacy or commercial cookbook:
Writing for Success: Cookbook Author & Award-Winning Journalist PATRICIA MACK
- Hone your writing skills in this special field
- · Develop your ‘voice’ to better communicate in your unique style
- · Organize your material and recipes
- · Follow recipe testing protocols and learn clear/concise recipe writing techniques
Collecting Memories: 6- time Cookbook Author BELINDA HULIN
- · Your table, your history: The importance of preserving your culinary traditions
- · Gather the elements: Stories, photos, memorabilia, timelines and recipes make a keepsake
- · Collecting stories: Interviewing relatives and other sources to capture your legacy and spice up your cookbook Recreating recipes: Just because your late grandmother didn’t write it down doesn’t mean it’s lost
Food Photography – Planning and Producing with CHERYL BALARA
- Plan your photo style: Imaginative work behind the camera will create the exceptional ‘look’ of your cookbook
- Devise strategies: What to expect on the day of your photo shoot
- Learn post-production skills:working with Photoshop and Lightroom
- Review and deliver the final images in a professional way!
Publishing – Putting it all together with SHERRIE WILKOLASKI
- · Learn how to publish from start to finish. Do you need an agent or is self-publishing the best path?
- · Create a finished cookbook A to Z. Then master all the elements that are involved with getting your book to print
- · Market your cookbook. Create the events, the buzz and generate public relations through social media and more
- · Get your book on Amazon, in bookstore and learn about specialty sales channels
RESERVE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR Workshop #1: 2 night Accommodations in a Deluxe Room, Full 2-day Workshop, 2 Breakfasts, Lunch, Wine Tasting and Chef’s Dinner $425.00
2 night Accommodations in a Parlor Suite, Full 2-day Workshop, 2 Breakfasts, Lunch, Wine Tasting and Chef’s Dinner $465.00
NO ACCOMMODATIONS Workshop #2: Full 2-day Workshop, 2 Breakfasts, Lunch, Wine Tasting and Chef’s Dinner (no Accommodations) $290.00
For Information and WORKSHOP Reservations, contact: