From Farm to Table ~ Win a Day of Culinary Adventures
with Chef Jean-Stephane Poinard
Chef Jean-Stephane Poinard at James Beard House NYC
St. Augustine, Florida (February 2012) If your child’s dream has been to spend a day in the kitchen of a chef’s restaurant learning about nutritious cooking and how to protect our planet’s future from the farm to the table, encourage them to enter Chef Jean-Stephane Poinard’s competition to win ‘My Day in a Chef’s Kitchen’.
The contest celebrates chef’s restaurant, Bistro de Leon, on its 4th Anniversary. The Bistro de Leon opened summer, 2008 in historic St. Augustine and has become one of the city’s most popular casual Bistros serving authentic cuisine from Chef’s hometown of Lyon, France.
Chef Poinard himself dreams of building a healthier next generation, nurturing children and students by educating them in the kitchen. “Local garden programs are a great way to introduce healthful eating to children and start the conversation between parents and their kids. Cooking together is the first step in fighting obesity and diabetes”.
Recently honored in New York City (November 18, 2011) by the James Beard Foundation for creating a 70-guest dinner celebrating Beaujolais Nouveau, Poinard’s style is ‘classic & contemporary’ – comfort food prepared with authentic French flair. Bistro de Leon is a restaurant that fits into its neighborhood. It’s a small cozy café in a cozy and family-friendly city.
- Write 150 word essay or poem about why I want to win “My Dream Day in a Chef’s Kitchen” that includes your philosophy about good health & nutrition
- Include name, address, telephone # and age. Entries based on originality.
- Send entry via email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for entries is March 30, 2012
- Entrants must be 10 years to 14 years old only!
- All entries become the property of Bistro de Leon
The GRAND PRIZE Winner Receives:
- Meet Chef Jean-Stephane Poinard at Bistro de Leon
- Spend one morning with Chef Poinard visiting a local farmer to learn about and shop for ingredients. Join Chef in his Kitchen as he prepares a surprising ‘healthy and fun’ dish.
- Dinner at Bistro de Leon with the child’s family.of up to (4) people.=
- Overnight accommodations ( one weekday night for up to four guests if requested) at historic St. Francis Inn (circa 1791) www.stfrancisinn.com
Historic St. Francis Inn – St. Augustine
WHO CAN ENTER: Entrants must be 10 years to 14 years old only! There are no substitutions or transfer of prizes. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Grand Prize will be awarded for a Sunday thru Thursday (excluding weekends).
By acceptance of prizes, winner consents to use of their names and/or photographs for publicity purposes without further compensation. Winner will be notified by April 10, 2012.
BISTRO DE LEON
12 Cathedral Place
St. Augustine, Florida 32084